If you love the paperwork and negotiating aspects of outsourcing projects, here's just the position for you. Accenture needs a contract manager in its Minneapolis offices. This one does have an IT aspect to it.
Here's the description:
The purpose of the Contract Manager role is to manage IS-related products and services by using best practice sourcing strategies. The Contract Manager is responsible for planning and coordinating contract activities including contract strategy, approach, negotiation and execution. Contract Managers interface with IS Capability teams, externally with suppliers, Finance, Legal, and Asset Management. The Contract Manager is responsible for coordinating the purchase of assigned IS products and services
- Contract negotiation skills, vendor assessment and vendor selection, RFI, RFP, Master Service Agreement experience.
- Procurement or purchasing background.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships.
- Strong communication skills.
- Business acumen.
- PC proficiency.
- RFP process management.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
You can apply here. (Don't forget to mention that you love to “interface” with “capability teams”!)