Outsourcing Journal editor Beth Ellyn Rosenthal provides a useful article on the current crop of risks you face in outsourcing. “New Outsourcing Risks in 2005 and How To Mitigate Them,” Risks include:
- The risk of your company's reputation when you use offshoring.
- Privacy issues, particularly when work is cross-border.
- Supplier availability, especially now, when demand for reputable service providers is high.
- Government scrutiny through compliance regulations.
- Technology delivery, particularly in the areas of telecom and voice over IP.
- And the most interesting risk: that of rising interest rates. This is a risk for both sides of the deal — client and service provider. For details, read the story.